- 1kg beef ribs
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 packet barbecue seasoning dry rub
- 1 cup water
- 5 medium carrots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbs butter
- 2 Tbs honey
- Rub the dry rub into the piece of meat using a splash of olive oil so that it sticks. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Pour the water into the crockpot and place the meat on the trivet. Set to meat/stew setting for 60 minutes, with the steam valve closed.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Meanwhile prep the carrots by cutting into halves lengthways and across.
- Finely chop the garlic.
- Natural pressure release for 10 minutes and release the steam valve.
- Remove the ribs carefully using tongs. Slather on half the barbecue sauce and bake in oven for 15 minutes, basting with the rest of the sauce half way through.
- Remove the water from the crockpot, and heat the butter and garlic on sauté setting – low. Add the carrots and honey and stir for 2-3 minutes until the honey begins to brown. Season with salt and pepper and serve with the ribs.